+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I had a few thoughts and decided to post some shit.

Default So I had a few thoughts and decided to post some shit.

I guess I'm retired, although it's not "official" since I kinda just lost interest. Had my fun and check back every so often. I'm pleased to be keeping in contact with a "officially retired" member here and we get together on a lot of our joint interests (cars, tech, politics, etc..etc..). We even talk about some of the hoes we knew..LOL. So at least I got a long term buddy to hang out with out of the deal. He tells me the market in Montreal is so saturated that agencies are passe' and there's plenty of opportunities just in the Montreal Bars. I'd love to hear from others on this point. Don't know that I'll actually show up, but who knows. To quote an Old Southern Phrase, "I might get a wild hair up my but"....LOL..LOL.

It occurred to me that with the crash in oil prices that all the hoes that left for Alberta, etc..etc.. would be making tracks back to Montreal. So the pickings might be plentiful.

I've used my time wisely and dropped well over a hundred pounds. I'm within spitting distance of my high school football weight. Haven't felt this good in 20 years. Most of my medical problems are a thing of the past.

Just completed my first 3CX Telephone Server for my business and used a Montreal VOIP provider for my SIP Trunk. $4.95 per month for up to 10 simultaneous commercial lines unlimited calls in North America. What a deal!! Set the whole thing up in less than 2 days on my first try with left over PC Parts and Windows 10 Pro. Damn, modern technology is fucking amazing!!!

Love to hear from some of my old contacts and remember, "Don't pay the hoe until she's delivered the goods"...LOL
    FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!

I am certainly interested at your SIP provider. I'm getting ready to setup an Asterisk phone server, and SIP trunks would be nice...
    Can you share this info ?

Thanks

I was going to set up an Asterisk Server to start with, however my Brother-in-Law set-up a "3CX" Server for my sister's business. Its advantage is that you don't need a specialized telephony card. In fact they have options for Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS (i.e. Amazon). In fact I believe that Google is offering a free year or two as an inducement. I also found out that Google has a fixed IP option if you moor your domain with them all for $30 a year. Frankly dealing with Google on this was tedious, so I opted for No-IP at $29 a year with live technical assistance if needed. The Montreal VOIP Provider that I used was Voip.MS They've been wonderful to deal with and their services are jam packed including fax, SMS, Videochat, Conference Calling. They have world wide servers so if you want to bounce yourself off of say Africa or London it can be done. I'll mention that their website has its quirks. Some of the buttons don't work as well as I wish. They charge $4.95 per month.

I personally set my system up on my private hardware for just that "privacy". I had Windows 7 PC that I loaded with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit ($18 on Ebay).

So basically this is the cost and set-up I used:
    1) 1 PC running with I-5 Processor (first Generation from 2008), 12GB ram, 80GB SSD
    2) Running on a $18 License of Windows 10 Pro $18 on Ebay
    3) $29 (per year) No-IP to provide a fixed IP
    4) Downloaded a free copy of 3CX (it's open sourced) and they provided their Key for free with up to 4 simultaneous lines. 8 for $295. So mine was free.
    5) A Free Did Number with VOIP.MS which costs $4.95 for the service per month unlimited in North America Dialing.
    6) Used Cisco IP Phone on Ebay (Model SPA525G2) at $69.

That's the total nut to get it working!! So the upfront costs are a total of less than $500 and then it ends up being about $6.95 per month (including the NO-IP account). I called a friend in Canada (I'm in Florida) and it was crystal clear. It will work off a standard DSL or Cable setup, but I have an enhanced internet at 400 download, 25 Upload.

Took me about 2 days to set the entire thing up, not including building the PC. I had the parts around so I threw it together. A great thing is I can take an extra IP Phone with me over a weekend trip and answer the phone just like I'm in the office including multiple lines. The Cisco SPA525 G2 I mentioned above even has a Bluetooth Feature for connecting that I've not tried. So I don't know if I can take it out to the pool area or not. I'll have to test that. 3CX also has apps for your Android, IOS and Windows Cell Phones. Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would ever use a telephone company again.

I'm sure that someone experienced could probably do the whole thing in less than a day. The big thing is the taxes you save. My taxes on my old IP phone set up were over $20 for 2 lines. That's just the taxes, not the service!! No taxes on this stuff at all.
    Last edited by Vercingentorix; 11-15-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 2017!!!!

Great info, thank you. Will have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Great info, thank you. Will have fun with that.
    Not my idea of fun, but OK. You're welcome.

+ Reply to Thread